Friday, September 28, 2007

What's Happenin' Now?

Soooo, am I embarrassed that my last post was in June and my last NJKD cartoon was, um, God knows when? (October, by the way).

The answer is "slightly embarrased. But I had all of this other stuff on my plate like:

1) I married my sweetie, cartoonist Mikhaela Reid, in a kick-ass ceremony in Lowell, MA officiated by Ted Rall, decorated by my cool new mom-in-law Beryl, catered by my new chef-in-law cousin Kevin.

And to everyone who has been wondering: Mikhaela is still "Mikhaela Reid". She would have betrayed her feminist ideals and whatnot if she didn't keep her name (besides, she likes it). And as a manimist, I refused to change my surname (though I would have been open to Brangelina-esque monikers for both of us, like "Mikheeka Weid" or "Mashaela Rood").

2) James Vincent Howell, Sr., my grandfather, passed away on September 10th. He was too sick to see his first grandson get married in person. However, thanks to video (courtesy of my friend Lorraine) and a laptop, he saw the next best thing before he passed. He taught me penmanship, the importance of lettering, and how to ride a bike. Grampa, I'll miss the way you used to tease me about that picture of my bare ass on a bearskin rug.

3) I have a regular comic in the hot new bi-monthly magazine UVC: The Urban Voice of Comics). Check out the September/October issue for my cartoon 'Urban Superpowers I Wish I Had'.

So go to your local comic book store (or record store or urban lifestyle store) and pick up a copy. And if they don't have any, throw a tantrum until they get more. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Stop reading this sentence and go already! Sheesh!

4) Oh waitaminnit! One more thing, y'all. Tonight, tonight!!

Your RSVP would be ever so kindly appreciated. And please feel free to steal this image/text/links and help us promote this event! Please!)

  • Who: Angry cartoonists Mikhaela Reid & Masheka Wood
  • What: Slideshow/signing/discussion for Attack of the 50-Foot Mikhaela!: Cartoons by Mikhaela Reid w/ a foreword by Ted Rall and Deep Doodle: Cartoons by Masheka Wood!
  • When: Friday Sept. 28, 7 p.m.
  • Where: Center for New Words, 7 Temple Street, Cambridge, Mass.
  • Why: You'll be sorry if you don't!
  • No, really, why? Because:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home